At present, oil and gas producers registered in the region are facing an acute problem of utilization of associated petroleum gas (APG), which is usually flared due to the lack of infrastructure. As to the APG, it is characterized by high content of target hydrocarbon fractions in comparison to natural gas of gas fields. The extraction and commercialization of these target fractions can be highly profitable through the realization of APG recycling facilities offered by EQMAR.
It is advisable at such facilities to implement projects for the construction of associated petroleum gas recovery units with the production of the following final products: sales gas, gas naphtha and technical propane-butane, complied with the stringent requirements. These final products have in most cases a high potential for transportation and marketing.
COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH TO ADDRESSING AN ISSUE OF ASSOCIATED PETROLEUM GAS COMMERCIALIZATION
The unit consists of the following main equipment:
- Gas compressor station;
- LTS unit;
- Fractionation unit;
- Sales products storage and shipment park.
Comparison of current and proposed scenarios
|Proceeds from Petroleum sales
|Petroleum proceeds (oil production volume and petroleum proceeds remained unchanged in view of project execution)
- Loss of profit from final products sale : gas, technical propane butane, gas naphtha (condensate )
- Processing at APG recycling unit
- Proceeds from final products sale: gas, technical propane-butane, gas naphtha (condensate ) in the amount of 16,5 mln.$/year
- Absence of penalties /environmental charges for the abnormal APG burning
OPEX – about 0,4 mln.$/yearCAPEX – about 15,5 mln.$